I love it when I get recipes given to me by friends or family members and they are such a goodie, that I use them over and over again. This Latte recipe seems like it is going to fall into this category! It’s Bliss in a cup! And healthy to boot!
We don’t like Masala Chai………We LOVE Masala Chai in this house! That milky, spicey, sweet Indian-style tea. Such a treat! Perks you up for action! This Turmeric Latte mix comes a very tight, close second in the competition for hot drinks. At night before bed, it’s a real wind down of the day.
Turmeric is a brilliant healthy spice with so many health benefits, that it makes sense to have a cup of Turmeric Latte every day (or evening before bed).
Turmeric Health Benefits:
- Boosts the Immune System (great for the Great Big Covid Scare)
- Promotes healthy digestion and removes toxins in the system
- Supports good brain function and the nervous system
- Maintains good joint movement (arthritis spice)
- Supports healthy blood sugar balance
- Supports liver, heart and circulatory system function
- 4 TBspn Turmeric powder
- 4 Dessert spoons Ginger powder
- 4 Dessert spoons Cinnamon powder
- 6 TBspn brown sugar
- 1 tspn Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tspn cardamom powder
Mix all the ingredients together until well blended. Carefully pour into a clean, dry glass bottle for storage. Label.
To use: Add 1 tspn to one cup of milk of choice per person, (we use soymilk) in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil and pour into your cup. Simple.
Of course, just the mere mention of Turmeric conjures up an image of India, and what better mention than this poem I found online:
Market stalls laden with history:
indigo, red ochre and turmeric,
pungent and bright –
jewellery around her neck.
Copyright © Arnisha Paxman 2012